User Reputation… Coming Soon!
As the Nex-Tech Classifieds has grown so has the need for our users to inform others of the reputation of fantastic or questionable users. Over the last few months we have been brainstorming and developing the framework for our new “Reputation” system.
One of the major issues we faced and the main reason why we waited so long to develop this was abuse. We wanted to make sure that the Nex-Tech Classifieds doesn’t turn into a place to air dirty laundry or post personal attacks against others. With our design we feel that most of the potential for this type of activity has been controlled.
The system is going to be very easy to use and should give our users the ability to police the site without us getting involved. Here are a few of the features.
- You will only be able to rate a user if you have had communication with them on a product.
- You will only be able to rate a user one time.
- You will have the ability to edit your rating if your experience with them over time has improved or declined.
- You will only be able to rate a user if you have been an active Nex-Tech Classifieds user for at least a month.
- You will be able to see all comments from the user’s profile page, including your own.
- A user can have their ability to rate users removed based on their activities.
- A user can have their Nex-Tech Classifieds account removed completely if they abuse the system.
We hope this new feature adds another layer of verification that you are buying or selling to a good qualified Nex-Tech Classifieds user. We know there are “Trolls” that are going to cause harm and we will be working hard to limit this type of activity. Please let us know your thoughts regarding this new feature by commenting on the blog. Justin McClung